The BBC micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that lets you get creative with digital technology. Each order contains just the micro:bit board. You can code, customize and control your micro:bit from anywhere! You can use your micro:bit for all sorts of unique creations, from robots to musical instruments and more. At half the size of a credit card, you will be surprised at the amount of hardware each board is equipped with, including 25 red LED lights that can flash messages. There are two programmable buttons that can be used to control games or pause and skip songs on a playlist. The micro:bit can even detect motion and tell you which direction you’re heading. It can also use Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to interact with other devices and the Internet.
Need a visual explanation? Here it is!
- USB, Radio, serial, and Bluetooth Low energy connectivity.
- A Compass and Accelerometer.
- 2 x user-assignable buttons.
- A fully programmable 25 LED display.
- 25 pin notched edge connector.
- Onboard speaker.
- MEMs Microphone with LED indicator.
- Touch-sensitive logo.
- Light level sensing.
- Temperature sensing.
- Built-in sleep/off mode allowing the board to be powered-down with batteries connected.
- A discrete regulator that can supply up to 200mA of current to external accessories.
- Power status LED and USB data transfer LED.